QUETTA: As many as seven people were killed in two separate mishaps across the province on Monday. According to police, a couple along with their three children died of suffocation caused by gas leakage in eastern by-pass area of the provincial capital Quetta.
Station House Officer (SHO) Khaliq-Shaheed police station said, Ghulam Rasool along with his family, including his wife and three children went to sleep in a room of house and forgot to switched off a gas heater. The gas accumulated in the room caused the death of all family members.
On receiving information, the police reached to the site and shifted the bodies to Civil Hospital, where later the bodies were handed over to heirs after completion of medico-legal formalities.
Meanwhile, heavy snowfall claimed two more lives in Balochistan`s district Zhob. According to district administration, 45-year-old woman and her 3-year-old boy died after the roof of their room caved in on Monday in Killi Nasir Abad.
The district administration and rescuers reached on the spot soon after receiving information, and retrieved the bodies from debris and taken them to civil hospital Zhob. Later the bodies were handed over to heirs after medico-legal formalities.