No one allowed to disrupt development in Balochistan: Langove

Published on – May 15, 2019 – 9:24 pm
By

QUETTA:The provincial government along with law enforcement agencies (LEAs) won’t allow anyone to halt the development process in Balochistan to which Gwadar is pivotal, Home Minister Zia Langove said while inspecting the hotel in the port city which was attacked by militants last week.


QUETTA:The provincial government along with law enforcement agencies (LEAs) won’t allow anyone to halt the development process in Balochistan to which Gwadar is pivotal, Home Minister Zia Langove said while inspecting the hotel in the port city which was attacked by militants last week.

At least five people including three security guards and an army officer were martyred on Saturday when three gunmen stormed the luxury hotel.

“Pakistan’s enemies are eager to impede the development of Balochistan as it is on a steep growth trajectory following the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC),” he said, adding that these enemies had expedited their efforts and increased the intensity of their acts against innocent people.

Provincial Minister Zahoor Buledi, the chief secretary of Balochistan, Inspector General of Police (IGP) Mohsin Hassan Butt and district officials were present during the visit.

The visitors were briefed by Lieutenant General Khalid Zia briefed the ministers and the delegation regarding the Gwadar attack and how the forces were able to respond to it while stopping terrorists from entering the hotel.

Expressing satisfaction over the successful operation, the two ministers commended the soldiers for their quick reaction to a critical situation and deterring armed terrorists from breaching the hotel, thus avoiding massive casualties.

“The provincial government won’t let anyone spoil the peace in Balochistan,” Buledi said, while expressing grief over the five lives lost including those of the hotel security guards.

The provincial ministers and their team also met the administration of Pearl Continental Gwadar and pledged its full support to ensure such an incident is not repeated.

The hotel administration, meanwhile, announced that it would re-open the hotel for guests in the next 48 hours.

The ministers also visited the Gwadar Development Authority (GDA) Hospital to meet those injured in the attack.

They also met the officials of the China Overseas Port Holding Company, which is developing the port in Gwadar along with the Gwadar Port Authority, and assured them of the provincial government’s commitment to ensure the security of all citizens including the Chinese working in Balochistan.